Followers

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Movie Madness




Challenge 106
Movie Madness

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Another canvass from me for this fortnights challenge.  Sometimes when I see the optional theme for the challenge my heart sinks, I know I don't have to follow the theme but this is always my starting point.  I am not a film lover more often falling asleep before the film finishes, I have no idea who acts in what and honestly don't care as I see their character not the fact they are playing a character.  Last time we had this theme a few years ago I think I made a popcorn box and decorated it to look something like it was representing the film 'Avitar', that then went in the bin after it was made and photographed and I find that so hard to cope with, knowing before I start that I will be putting it in the bin.  So, it was with trepidation I began this project on my 'canvass' journey.  I love how this one has turned out and it won't be going in the bin lol.


To begin with I used gesso on the canvas and then texture paste with a Sheena Douglas stencil.  You can't really see the texture in the photo but you can in real life.  The canvas was painted with metallic copper acrylic paint and left to dry while I  printed the image on 120 gms paper and coloured lightly with Polychromos pencils.  The coloured image was then fussy cut and applied to the canvass with strong adhesive spray.  The film strips were cut with my die cutter and I then rubber stamped randomly onto plastic and created negatives which were placed these behind the die cuts.  These were then glued to the canvass.  The saying, 'I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse', is from the film The Godfather, a bit inappropriate at the moment with all that has been in the news recently.  I don't mean to offend but I do like to raise a point that leads to conversation :) :) :) 

Ingredients:-
  • image - Muse 1 by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Polychromes, acrylic paint
  • other items - 20 x 20 canvass, die cut film strips, plastic sheet, rubber stamps.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

3 comments:

  1. WoW ! That is fabulous. I love the canvas so much. The film strips are brilliant.
    Sorry I give you problems with the Themes :-(
    Thank you for making this for me at IWC.
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a stunner, caught my eye when entering a challenge.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi