Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Christmas Star

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 64
At The Movies

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Oh boy, this challenge is really like trying to find a black cat in a dark room when blindfolded to me :)  I can rarely stay awake long enough to watch a movie from beginning to end, have not been to a cinema since Jurassic Park (the first one) was released and have no idea about 99% of who actors and actresses are (I can name a few but if I bumped into them walking down the street who not be able to put a name to their face hahaha).  So how do I tackle a movie theme grrrrrr.  One of the sayings I use a lot with folks is 'you're a star' so that links in with movie star - that ended up being my starting point.


I used the image Xmas Star by IKEsART and coloured it rather simply with Promarkers.  To finish it off I used Glass Stickles spread all over the centre area.  Next I designed my background paper using movie symbols and printed this on yellow vellum and then embossed both the background paper and the matching top layer.  I created the movie strip and cut this with my Silver Bullet, then on acetate stamped some random patterns with Memento ink.  Alas this did not dry as I hope so I then sprayed black matt on the back and finished off on both side with Crafters Companion spray varnish to make it all stick :), the acetate negative strip was then stuck to the back of the cut film strip.  I so love the way the negatives have turned out, better than I imagined.  Finally I printed my wee sentiment and then assembled my card.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Xmas Star by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers
  • dies - movie strip by me
  • from my stash - Stickles, vellum, acetate, 
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

2 comments:

  1. FABulous - this is brilliant and so effective. That film strip soooo rocks !!! Thank you for making this for me at IWC :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi