Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thank you Teacher

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #237

Theme 'Anything Goes with Appreciation' 

This week our theme is Appreciation and that can be appreciation to anyone or group of people you feel have done a kindeness, provide a wonderful service etc.  I used to be a teacher and while looking through Ken Benners images who is the artist I am using an image from this week I found a heart teacher which would work great for what I had in mind :)

To begin with I designed and die cut the accessories to attach to my card.
 I then made a tent fold card and trimmed the sides so they were slightly angled.  The bottom of the card had a section removed so the end result would look like an old easel.
 Next I covered the front of the card with brown paper and then added a black section at the top - my old fashioned black board is complete.
 The die cut sections were coloured with Promarkers.
 The image was coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos.  I then fussy cut the image removing the arms, legs and easel legs as they were just thin black lines.  I then drew these in with a black metallic pen on the card by first using my embossing tool to mark their location and shape.  With the body, blackboard, hands and feet cut out I then attached them with foam tape for added dimension.  My die cut teacher accessories were then attached to the card.


Ingredients:-
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, that is sooooo cool and a brilliant idea to make an easel :-) I really love how the letters/pencil at the bottom are kinda' just floating there. Great teacher image from Ken too :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    OSAAT DT Sistah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Jane! Love your "easel" card - blackboard easel, that is. I bet you were a great teacher! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card you have created! Love the way you colored all your cut outs. Thank you for coloring along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love that it is different and unexpected! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is super fun and cute! I love how it has a unique shape. Thanks for joining us at the stamping boutique challenge blog -Annalisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulously fun card and a great design for a teacher.
    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge #44 and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the chalkboard fold card and that digi is cute! Great job! Thank you for playing in our neighborhood this week!
    Kathi, Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so super fun!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #156 “Graduation” Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, made an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see all the love you put in your wonderful card. Thanks for joining our challenge at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi