Followers

Monday, September 22, 2014

SPS - Maggie

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole team are using images by Elaine Cox.  I have chosen to work with the image Maggie.

Just for a change I have made a note pad holder instead of a card <g>.
To begin with I coloured the gorgeous image Maggie with my trusty friends - Promarkers
 Promarkers used
While back in the UK this time I treated myself to some new crafty items and on of them was the Spray and Sparkle from Crafters Companion.  I thought the gold spray may just come in handy (at the back of my mind was fairy wings <g>).  This is the first time I have used this and WOW I am mega impressed, not very glittery, just enough for a wee sparkle but it is also a varnish and the effect is even better than I thought it would be.
For a bit more bling I coloured some clear gemstones with my Holly Promarker, these were added to the centres of the flowers.
To hold the paper pad I have made a small tray box using the same card as I used for the project.  To finish off I trimmed the lower outside edges with some blue lace and added the ribbon loop to hold the pencil.
Oh I do love decorating my IKEA pencils hahahaha, here I have coloured the pencil with  a Promarker and then added a string of pearls with gems.  A big bag of gems was another purchase I made and I just love nosing around in it to see all the different ones I found in a few shops.
 And here we have the finished note pad holder.

Ingredients
  • Image -  Maggie by Elaine Cox
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die - Interlocking Ovals
  • Backing paper - Pixels_And_Icecream  Flowerpower 
  • Ribbon, lace and beads from my stash
Challenges entered

7 comments:

  1. so cute! this would be perfect for our lavender and lace challenge at liastampz! :) http://liastampz.blogspot.com/2014/09/challenge-73-lavender-and-lace.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great and cute project. Lovely colouring too. Thans for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project..thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in at Divas By Design, hope to see you in this weeks challenge pretty in glitter to :)

    GDT Susanne Halseth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creation.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! your colouring is gorgeous!!
    xx
    Erum
    Lia Stampz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi