Followers

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Love Hand Doodle - OSAAT

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #202

Theme 'Anything Goes' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

For this weeks design I chose for our team to work with  'Love Hand Doodle' by GraftyGirl Creations.  I loved this digi when I first saw it and have longed to get a chance to work with it, just my cup of tea :)  I decided, with such a fabulous digi which has great depth of meaning to carry that theme through the card. The digi is the hand sign for love but my card is not a traditional 'I love you' card but one that speaks of love in many ways.  To start with the colours were important.  I chose dark red, teal and an olive green as they go rather well together visually and all have a meaning associated with love (I may be a little loose on my interpretation though).  Dark red, well red is the colour of love and passion so that is easy, teal is the colour of sentimentalism, and we all love a bit of that in our relationships I think.  Finally, green, the colour of love and hope.  I also used gold, gold is such a beautiful colour with each of the paper colours in this group and added just that bit of zing.  Gold signifies generosity, giving and compassion, all things that are so important in a loving relationship whether it be with a partner or  a special friend.

Next I used a saying 'Love, possible whether you are near or far for love lives in the heart'.  A lot of meaning for me there as my hubby worked overseas for many years while I raised our kids in the UK.  Now I am overseas with my hubby and our kids along with the rest of my family are in the UK.  Not all hearts in the same place at the same time.  What else to add, ah!! the word love in different languages which I printed on the dark red paper.  We have a few new teamies on our team and even some of the oldies are not from the UK or have English as their main language so this is for them and for all the other international crafters emerging on the scene in our blogland world :) :) :).


Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers :- Burgandy, Rock Pool and Olive Green finishing off with a gold Metallic Promarker.


I had created a cutting file to cut the shapes I needed but decided to try and use my Spellbinder Grand Scallop Ovals instead, using the negative cut out for the card not the inner shapes.  I then went over the black love in many languages text with gold pen.  Alas I did not like this last bit so reprinted and re-cut the dark red layer leaving the text black.


I assembled the card and then using the same Promarkers I used for the digi and the spray gun coloured the inside.  Three wee hearts were punched with some of the left over paper I had.

Now we have the completed card.  The finishing touches of mounting the digi on black and attaching to the card with foam tape for added dimension, a gold punched heart embossed with a heart embossing folder and also mounted on black and finally three buttons also coloured with the same Promarkers.  I can hear you asking what the buttons symbolise hahahaha. OK in my warped way of thinking the buttons are to symbolise a way of attaching two things together, in this case - two hearts in love.


Ingredients:-
  • White card from Craft Creations
  •  'Love Hand Doodle' by GraftyGirl Creationss available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet
  • Red paper from a scrap pad, the teal and green are from magazines but I can't remember which - sorry
  • Promarkers - Metallic Gold, Burgundy, Rock Pool and Olive Green
  • Heart Punch
  • Heart embossing folder
  • Buttons and gold mirror card from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

27 comments:

  1. Oh my word Treasure, I hardly know where to begin leaving you a few words of Love on this incredibly symbolic and Universal card of Love. What thought and Love you have put into its creation. I'm completely awed.

    The image is stunning and your very detailed colouring in colours that speak the language of Love is gorgeous. The saying that you used is so very true.....and across the miles that separate us, it brings a tear to my eye just to see the words within my heart shown in so much beauty.

    Love shows no 'bound'aries and I'm imagining you enjoying researching 'Love' in 16 languages.....how very respectful and a lovely tribute to all your friends from across the World.

    Your symbolism in the use of the buttons as a final embellishment is wonderful and 'spot on'. Treasure, I love cards that Speak to Me and my goodness, this card speaks loud and clear to my heart and mind. Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'love' this one, Jane. Brilliant ideas behind your design. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the colorful artsy look to your image. I like using negative cuts as well. Wonderful theme the Language of Love. I took Spanish in high school & college. I took German in high school. Used the Spanish when I worked at Disney World in FL thru high school & college.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such opulent colours, and I love the way you've cut the words - it works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card hun and ty so much for playing along at Fan-tastic Tuesday andhope to see you again next week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Design ... Thank you for taking the time to join us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday we would love the pleasure of your company in next weeks challenge as well .....
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~ Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Jane love all the words of love...and the design...love your tuto too...
    A great pleasure for me to visit your blog....
    cheers
    Lady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely different card. Lovely fun design. Thanks for "making it digital" and playing with us this week over at PFP.
    Love n Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so pretty and full of love. Thanks for playing along with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos)xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonmderfully created card, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...I just love this card and all the details. Wonderful job with the colours too. Seeing the LOVE words in many languages is a great addition too. Superb card !!

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your card is fab, i love the colours & how striking it is. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our 'Love' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card - love that image and great colours - so bright and beautiful! - thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really beautiful and stunning card. Love your ideas designing this. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, great idea,
    there's never too much " rakkaus"!
    Thank you for sharing at
    Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the different colors.. this is a great creation.. stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow so very creative!!!! Just love the way you have used all those words in different languages!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jane - Now I have read all about this digi and your card, I am looking at the image in a different light. What an interesting story. I love the design of your card as well as those colours and having the wording down the side is a brilliant touch.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing how you did the scalloped pieces, too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting card. I love it and a lot of words about love. Love in green - why not? Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Good Luck ! Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, I like how you did the words for I love you. Awesome idea. :D
    Deborah OSAAT DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful art card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful, and what a lovely meaning behind it. Yes, love connects us despite the miles. Love the colors & your use of dies. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card! And I love your choise of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun card and a great design! Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a marvelous card, Mimi! Love that hand. So glad you chose to play along in our "Something Green" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi