Followers

Monday, September 16, 2013

13th

For this card Teri very kindly gave me permission to use her digi's to create a backing paper - thank you Teri <g>.  I am in a bit of a dilema - sore hands but the head needs 'me time' lol so a bit of a trade off at the moment with cards lol

For this card I used Butterflies by Delicious Doodles, there are three butterflies in the set and I used them all.  Thought I would try to make a retro card so chose to use only four colours plus black.  I did have some butterflies on the 13 which were cut with Cherry Lyns Mimi butterflies using Funky Foam, worked a treat but too much going on with the card and they distracted from the background so I decided to tuck them away for another day. I cut the 13 with my die cutter and embossed it with an Embossalicious Folder then edged with Metallic Pink Promarker.  The 13 was then attached with foam tape.  Not a complicated card but rather appealing for a 13 year old I think.  So how to link this to lucky/unlucky 13th, well I guess you feel rather lucky when you become a teenager, all grown up etc. but alas in reality still a kid and treated like a kid so maybe not so lucky lol.


inside of card
Ingredients:-
  • Black Pearl card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Butterflies by Delicious Doodles
  • Silver Peel off stickers (text and border) coloured with Pink Metallic Promarker
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some incredible backing paper - the butterflies are so beautiful and how kind of Terri to allow you to 'adapt' her wonderful work. I bet you had fun choosing the colours for the butterflies. The embossed '13' is just right - a thirteen year old really wants to have the fact that she's become a teenager emphasized. Her poor parents - they'll have this card waved in front of them whenever they say 'No' to their darling on the grounds of her age. :-) Lovely birthday card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Mimi! Love what you did with Teri's butterflies. So glad you decided to play along at Delicious Doodles this week. Good Luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi