Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Leather and Lace


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  Before I go any further I would just like to say a big thank you to all the new followers who have joined me over the past few weeks, I hope you are enjoying the creations that find their way from my craft room to my blog <g>.  Without further ado, onto this weeks challenge:-

Challenge #166

Theme ' Anything Goes'

The prize this week for the winner who uses a StitchyBear product is all the DT images used in challenge 164.  Runner up who does not use a StitchyBear product will win $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digitlal Outlet.  Don't forget, if you spend $3 or more then you also get the free weekly digi, what a brilliant offer.


This week I had to choose a digi  for Ali and I to use from Delicious Doodles and I had my eye on this digi before hand and was over the moon to find out I did not have long before I got to create with it.  The digi is called 'Leather and Lace' by Teri of Delicious Doodles.  Isn't it awesome :)

In keeping with the name of the digi I designed a background paper to resemble rough leather, added black lace and gold netting and finally cut up some leather I had into strips to make the border on the left hand side.  The only thing I am disappointed with here is my camera has washed out all the shading of the woman's face.


Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  •  Digi - 'Leather and Lace' by Teri of Delicious Doodles
  • Backing paper by me
  • Mount cut by me and cut on my Black Cat
  • Lace, leather, Stickles, gold embellishments and gold Happy Birthday peel off sticker from my stash.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! So we're on the Feline Playful and OSAAT teams together now? Too cool! Thanks for your lovely comment on card for this week; the pearls are actually liquid pearls, from a pen. So much easier than adhesive pearls...plus, I like the uneven finished product. I highly recommend trying one! Love your card -- all the gorgeous textures & details. Gorgeous coloring too! Bet, CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the variety of textures you used on your card. Especially like the cut strips of leather.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this is a nice card - wish I could run my hands over it because I'm sure it will feel as lovely as it looks. I struggled to decide which was the leather and which the backing paper - well, of course you are well aware of my left/right difficulty :-) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a poser - reminds me of my older grandgirls! They all take photos of themselves and put them up in webland - posing just like this! LOL A great card and I absolutely love the gold trims. Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our latest challenge - One for the Girls! Susan (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just so beautiful & elegant! lovely card!

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the texture and unique colors you chose for her. Just a reminder you must be a follower of Crafting With Dragonflies to be eligible to win a prize/top 3, etc. I just want to make sure no one misses out. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, Mimi. Perfect combination of leather and lace. Love all the awesome texture and the awesome border. Wonderful coloring as well. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Mimi - from a fellow FP teammate! Thanks so much for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room!

    lovies, =o) kel
    HIMCR DT
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi