Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

My friend is not really a creeper!!!!

Wow - on a card making session this week, two cards in two days and another tomorrow when the OSAAT DT card goes up:)

I was having a look at one of my DT sister's blogs yesterday, she also designs for Delicious Doodles (Teri's work) and saw the challenge was Green and Brown, colours I love to work in along with blues and purples (notice no pink or orange mentioned there lol).  Teri's stamps, like Stitch of StitchyBear's are just awesome and I just can't help collecting them.  If you have not seen her stamps it is worth popping over to her shop to have a look - Delicious Doodles.  I had a browse through my collection and found one which I thought would be perfect called The Ivy Queen.

A bit of research on the good old net turned up the symbolism of ivy in the Celtic world - strength of friendship through different paths and directions related to the intertwining, twisting and turning of ivy as it grows.  Also, the ivy's ability to grow even in hostile situations which relates to a friendship standing strong during the good times as well as the bad.  Perfect, this worked so well with the image and made for a lovely friendship card.  Hope you like what I put together, must say, I think is is one of my favourites.

Recipe:-
  • Green Hammered card from Craft Creations
  • Backing paper - ancient, from my earliest days of card making when I started off using wrapping paper as my backing paper <g>
  • Digi - Delicious Doodles The Ivy Queen
  • Spellbinders die - Adorning Squares-7
  • Ivy and ribbon from my stash.  I had forgotten about this ivy and designed my own but remembered about it in bed.  Such a frustrating day at work this morning, all I wanted to do was go home and see if the ivy trails really did exist or were a figment of my imagination <g>.  As you can see, they did exist!!!
  • Green Stickles on the flowers of the digi.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is wonderful. Such a fabulous image with gorgeous colours and detailing. I love the friendship verse relating to the symbolism of the ivy.
    Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane, this really is a VERY special card and I love it. You have put so much thought into its creation and your love of the subject oozes through so it's got to be for someone very special. I would love to have this card to give to my bestest ever friend who just so happens to be my very special little sister ..... now I wonder who that could be :-)
    All my Love always from your big sister xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning!! I love that beautiful image and all of your gorgeous details! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “colour combination of brown and green”. You have coloured in Teri's image to perfection. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh wow totally gorgeous. I love the sentiment of the definition. that you have used as well.

    Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! I love all the ivy and the symbolism of it too!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card
    Thanx for joining us at Alphabet challenges
    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous card. Love the verse. Thanks for joining our "Use a Sentiment" challenge at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the image, your layout, and how you added the vines! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza, QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job on the card! I love the vines. Thanks for joining the SNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back with a different DT hat on to tell you how fabulous this is.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Faieries challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi